5.31.2008

Girona, Spain

Things just get better and better here in Spain. The weather is balmy but cool, the skies are blue but gently kissed with clouds, and my posts are getting cornier and cornier.

Anyways, I'm a tiny bit tipsy from a bottle of cavas we had at dinner, so I'll keep this short. By the way, cavas--the Spanish version of French champaign--is far superior than its European counterparts, and I'm going to actively seek it out stateside.

We went to Girona on Friday. It's about 1 1/2 hours outside Barcelona. Inland, actually. It's a sleepy town with great food, only a few tourists, and surprisingly upscale shopping. I bought a ring at an authentic Gironas bijoux store. I'll write it in a Mad Style section later. For now, here's a few pictures of the straight-out-of-fantasy Girona, Spain.



No comments: