3.27.2008

"Oh my gosh, what?"

...I think as I sit in my business math class. My professor--while a sweet and patient lady--is from Germany, with a heavy accent, and the class is filled with really, really clueless students. Not that I am some enlightened math genius or anything, but I understand the basics of division and addition.

Today I started thinking about my motivations in starting this blog. I used to love to blog, on Xanga, but I grew out of that. Or, I suppose Xanga felt juvenile because of the crowd. Blogger is more intuitive, more streamlined. I enjoy blogging again.

Back to my motivations. I read a blog from John Mayer today, and the entire essay is about WHY we DO the things we DO. I don't want to be someone who is constantly seeking approval. Honestly, I don't feel that I am one of those people. I consider myself an alternative, free-thinking individual. But maybe I'm succumbing to my own stereotype in order to impress others. Whatever, I'm done.

No comments: