7.29.2008

OH OH I'M SOOO EDUCATEDZ

I decided to take a little trip back into Xanga to see my last few posts there...I stopped in March of 2007, and I believe one of the posts was "OMG E-TYPE WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS? SWEDISH POP/HOUSE ARTIST." Oh, how little I've changed.

Today is a very, very strange day. An acquaintance of mine, from high school, is about to die from lymphoma. For a month he was completely healed--cancer-free--and 24 days later, his entire body is shutting down. When I read the news, on his blog, I started shaking and had to hang up the phone to read, and re-read, what would later send me into an emotional tailspin that began with "Wow, well I'm alive" and ended with, "But this could so easily happen to me."

He doesn't know me, but I hope he knows he's inspired me in ways I can't even put into words. My friend Emily and I traded confused texts all afternoon trying to figure out how we felt about the news. I love him, but I don't know how I can help him. Praying for healing at this point--his cancer is officially "terminal"--seems half-hearted, but praying for a peaceful death seems heartless.

In less dramatic news...TODAY IS OFFICIALLY THE WORST NEW MUSIC TUESDAY IN THE HISTORY OF NEW MUSIC TUESDAYS!

But Vanity Fair DID post their annual best dressed list. And you better believe it'll be popping up in a post near you...

1 comment:

Justin R. Wright said...

where's that VF best dressed list i was promised?