7.15.2008

Mad Style: Lourdes Leon, + Don't Trust a ho!

I'm going to be honest here. I dislike blogger Perez Hilton for numerous reasons, most notably his inability to get anything right (but assume he is), and I only pop in on his blog when I'm at work and there's nothing to do. Scratch that, there's never anything to do, so let's just say I visit when I'm at work.

He posted this picture of Lourdes Leon, Madonna's eldest child, and was all raving about her clothing choices, and all I could think was, Don't you sell a freaking clothes line for girls at hot topic? I'm afraid anyone who sells their soul to any craptizzle store like Hot Topic has de facto bad taste. But seriously, I just write a blog with like 9 readers, so who am I to say...

Hilton's opinion notwithstanding, Lourdes happens to have an awesome pattern and color sensibility. I refused to borrow the image from Hilton's site, so I couldn't find a photo with her shoes in the frame. (She's got white hightop sneakers on.) I just don't understand how an 11 year-old girl can figure out high-waisted tights and sneakers all on her own. She's already a beautiful mini-chocolate-Madonna, but she'll probably be in rehab in a few years...she'll bunk next to Miley Cyrus.

Anyways, I've been listening to 3oh!3 a lot lately, as you know, and I downloaded another track last night called "Don't Trust Me." I'm sure this has already hit radio, in which case you can stop reading now because the coolness of "Trust" was just shattered by Ryan Seacrest. Hopefully I'm still ahead of the 3oh!3 hype wave, and this is all news to you.

"Don't Trust Me" is far gentler than the rest of the album--in essence, it's "I'm Not Your Boyfriend" without the anger. I love the track, more than any of the others, and I'm ashamed to say it's because of how, well, radio-friendly it is. Like "Hot N' Cold," off Katy Perry's One of the Boys, "Trust" is a strong enough song that it elevates the entire album, and for no reason other than likability. "Trust," like "Hot N' Cold," brings nothing new to the table, but the uppity vocals and killer base line carry the entire track.

Here's another picture of Lourdes. Who wears striped socks anymore? She didn't get this idea from Disney Channel.

2 comments:

SnaKKer said...

Shocking lack of Nas in this post.

Siu Chai said...

thanks for coming my blog. i am a very beginning learner of photographic. do come to visit my blog and leave my comment.

regards.