4.07.2008

Madonna: A Fine Cheese



So, I'm late to the party, but I just found out that Madonna--trashy, trend-loving, Madge--is actually okay. Yeah, so her new video for "4 Minutes" is ridiculously hot, but that's not what this is about.

Confessions On A Dance Floor is one helluva good record. It's really a concept album, if anything, spanning a night of European clubbing. The best tracks are "Isaac," "Sorry," "Get Together," and "I Love New York."

"Isaac" starts with a man singing in Hebrew; the entire song is like a journey through Madonna's then-religious obsession, Kabbala. Mystical, beautiful, and just subtle enough that it can be played at a dinner party or after 3:00 a.m. "New York" is big and kitschy. It's got a great hook, but some of the lyrics are just dripping with the over-saturated corniness so common in Madonna songs. "I love New York/Anywhere else I feel like a dork." Seriously? A dork? She goes on to say "Texas/Where they play golf."


What?

Anyways, I need to review some masculine music before I lose my macho image.


I've been listening to DISPATCH...?

No comments: